Monday, April 18, 2011

HOUR 14

Two large black men knocked at my door around midnight, dressed like the Wu-Tang clan and eyes that were bloodshot in a big way. Instead of hiding in silence until they left like I usually would when anyone knocks, I make a bold move and answer the door (while wondering to myself if it's the last decision I'll make). One guy stands behind and looks shifty and scattered and says nothing the entire time, and the conversation with the other went a little something like this:

Awkward pause.
.....
Me: Hi...?
Him: Oh is this an all-girls dorm?
Me: Oh no, there's guys here too. Are you looking for someone's apartment?
Him: No
Me: .....
-Just stares at me-
Me: Can I help you with anything else..?
Him: ...Could we borrow a lighter?
Me: Oh sure, here you can just keep it, no one needs it here.
Him: Oh no I'll bring it back
Me: No seriously, it's fine just keep it
Him: I'll bring it back. I want to talk with you.
Me: .........
Him: Or will you be sleeping, will you be in bed?
-At this point I'm nervous enough to throw up, literally too scared to say no because I feel he would shove a bowie knife through my torso. 
Me: uh.... uh.. 
Him: Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.
-He introduces himself and goes to shake my hand. He holds my hand there for an awkward length of time. Just holds. And stares at me. Like I'm meat. He holds my hand and feels the skin on my hands. I am shaking. 

They leave to smoke, and I lock the door. Soon enough, they come back. I am too beside myself being unreasonably afraid that I can't answer the door myself. They are calling me Laura. They leave. 

Wtf. In what world does it make sense for two men to be simply looking for a lighter on the second floor of a cluster unit.


Fuuuuuuck three nights of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment